Ever since its initiation, a group of like-minded partners has been working on the implementation of the Baltic Sea Tourism Center (BSTC). The idea is to establish a permanent center of expertise for improved communication and cooperation in tourism at macro-regional level by:
- associating the key tourism stakeholders,
- voicing jointly the interests of the tourism sector and
- promoting sustainable and competitive tourism in the Baltic Sea region.
The Baltic Sea Tourism Center will be established to jointly improve competitiveness for a sustainable tourism in the Baltic Sea Region.
It will become the leading centre of expertise speaking for tourism development in the Baltic Sea region – providing PARTNERSHIPS, INSIGHTS and SKILLS.
Cooperation will be enhanced through:
- bundling resources,
- communicating fresh knowledge to prepare for relevant trends,
- sharing experiences to deal with common challenges,
- providing data and benchmarking possibilities,
- gaining an overview on players, projects and initiatives by coordinating and making strategic use of project results,
- supporting training and product development in sector-specific areas,
- increasing visibility of regions, countries and the entire BSR as a tourism destination.