The Expert Group “Market Research” is created in order to contribute to the Baltic Sea Tourism Center, especially in the core competence area “Insights”.
The Expert Group is a permanent working group, which is open for participation by stakeholders as long as they have a thematic connection (responsibility) to travel and tourism in the Baltic Sea region and are interested in promoting it.
Members commit themselves to the Expert Group in writing for two-year terms. Meetings will be held as needed, but at least two meetings (spring and autumn) per year.
Responsibilities & fields of action
The Expert Group inter alia:
- contributes to the Baltic Sea Tourism Center and implements actions pertaining to the core competence area Insights. It creates the basis for strategic and political recommendations;
- develops, maintains and applies the BSTC Tourism Market Monitor (TMM) to offer tourism stakeholders in the BSR with current transregional industry data for strategic decisions on BSR tourism development;
- develops, maintains and applies the BSTC Tourism Trend Radar (TTR) to offer tourism stakeholders with information on tourism trends in the BSR;
- compulsory task is to publish an annual “State of the Industry” report and a bi annual trend report
- provides advice to (and/or initiates) future project proposals and future project topics/content
University of Applied Sciences Stralsund
Prof. Dr. Björn P. Jacobsen
Management Studies & International Management
Phone +49 3831 456681